Jul. 4th, 2017

theladyrebecca: (Default)
I made a lot of progress on my Elizabeth Swann bodice today. I hadn't had a chance to try on the mockup before I went away for the weekend, so this morning I tried it on, made a few minor tweak (mostly to the straps), and took it apart to use as a pattern. And my tweaks were so minor, I was able to use my mockup for flatlining! So anyway, I cut out all the pieces in the faux dupioni, including two layers of it for the front, and I also cut the front out of the underskirt fabric (which meant that first, I had to check an approximate hem, and hack off the extra length so that I'd have fabric to cut it out of!). 

Then I realized I had no black lace, which I also needed for a bodice front layer, since the inside of the front part that hangs open appears to be the burgundy with lace over it. Luckily, Joanns was open today, so I headed off to my nearer Joanns, and then the farther Joanns as well, for black lace and the various trims I need for the bodice and skirt. Unfortunately, they didn't have any frogs that looked right, but I think I will be able to make those on my embroidery machine, since they don't really have to be functional. 

Once I got home, I started assembling all the bodice pieces, and when they were all together, I moved on to trimming. At this point, the bodice needs the bias binding around the bottom to be turned and handsewn, and it needs sleeves. Once the sleeves are on, I can finish doing the trim that goes over the shoulder, and I can add the frogs (after I make them). Then it will be on to the skirt. 

I have no idea if I'm called for rehearsal tomorrow or Thurs. I'm really hoping I'm not, because I'd love to at least knock the sleeves out this week. 


July 2017

S M T W T F S
      1
23 45678
9 10 11 12 13 1415
161718 19 202122
23242526272829
3031     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Jul. 21st, 2017 06:47 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios