I also tried to test dyeing the ribbon, but I didn't feel like heating up my giant pot for a one inch piece of ribbon. So basically, the ribbon made it to light blue, but not turquoise. I guess I'll have to actually heat up the dye tomorrow to see if that helps - otherwise, the pleated ribbon isn't going to get the velvet ribbon addition, either.
Besides that, I did a test painting section on the order ribbon - I painted about 20" of it. I'm not loving it so far, but I don't know how else to make the order ribbon, since I wasn't able to find striped moire ribbon anywhere. Maybe I'll like it more once the paint sets. Oh, and I silver-polished the medal I'm using as my faux Order of Charles III. It's not quite the right shape, since it doesn't have the middle section, so I'm debating about just leaving it silver, and not adding any of the detail that's in the actual medal.
I also went grocery shopping and bought a lawn mower, which I tested out as soon as the battery made it to halfway. If it doesn't rain tomorrow, I'll hopefully be able to do the rest of the lawn (I ran out of battery cutting my 2ft long lawn), but so far I love it! It's the 40amp Kobalt cordless electric model, and it is really lightweight, and actually made it through my crazy long lawn! I have to admit, I'm actually a little excited to cut the rest of it!
Anyway, other than mowing the lawn, my goal for tomorrow is to get all the box pleated trim on the train and attach the train to some sort of waistband. Because then the train will be done!