I worked on CoCo stuff for the better part of 12 hours today. I'm feeling pretty tired, but at least I got a lot done!
Elizabeth Swann is completely done. Unfortunately, I found out that no one else in the Keira Knopely group actually managed to make anything, so I'm bummed about that, and I guess I'll just be completely random at the Social. I'll probably also use it for my Halloween costume, though, and I am happy with how it turned out, so I guess not all is lost.
Anyway, I started making the chemise for it yesterday afternoon, using McCalls 6817 as a base, but narrowing the skirt by about 28" at the hem. I had to piece the shoulder strap, because I was literally 1.5" short of fabric. (Of course, after I put it on, I realized it was 1.5" too long at the hem. And I lived dangerously, and didn't make a mockup. I wound up taking it in quite a bit at the side seam, and a little at the CB, and I changed the shape of the princess seams over the bust, since I am wearing it over my stays. But other than that, it went together quite smoothly. I'm not doing sleeves (at least, not yet), because I don't want the extra heat, so I have left the armseyes unfinished for now. I added a drawstring at the neckline, and the front spiral laces with eyelets going down to just above the hip.
I also finished the hook and eye at the waist of the skirt, and yesterday, I finished all the frogs/buttons/pickups on the overgown. And last night, I did one coat on my shoes, then I did the other coat and the finisher today, and put in the buckles.
But that wasn't all I did today! I also made my earrings for the gala gown, and the headpiece. For the headpiece, I took a circle of millinery wire, wrapped it in white velvet ribbon, and then dyed it turquoise. Then I added a huge triple bow of the turquoise ribbon, and a lace bow with hanging tails. It needed more, though, and many of those headpieces seem to have a piece that runs across the top of the bun or curls, so I took the leftover pleated ribbon from the train, and it fit perfectly! I also dyed some ribbon millinery flowers, which I will either fix onto combs or barrettes, or I will just twist into my hair, since they are on wires.
Oh, and I tried on Mary Poppins, and despite the weight loss, I don't need to move any hooks and eyes. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing... I'm thinking about possibly wearing my skating bustle on Friday to teach, though, and doing Mary Poppins and the pelisse on Sat or Sun. I still haven't decided what to wear when, but I should probably get on that.
So at this point, I think this is what is left:
-Make order sash and paint order medals for gala gown
-Try on gala gown so that I can put hooks and eyes at waist of train
-Prep class materials for my class
-Buy supplies for the classes I'm taking
-Make a skirt or dress for Disney, if time
I think that's it, but I'm sure I'll find other things that need doing. However, I'm definitely feeling more relaxed now.