Jan. 23rd, 2019

theladyrebecca: (Default)
I wound up being very unproductive with my sewing time yesterday, though I think I at least figured out the base crinolette shape for the Fairy Godmother. I took my old Ren Faire hoops, took out the top wire, and decreased the circumference on all the others (particularly the bottom hoop). I added my Jane bustle on top, and pinned the hoops to the bustle in the CB and sides, so that it lifts up the back of the hoops just slightly, making it a tiny bit more elliptical. 



I think it works! But now I need to make a new petticoat to go over it, since none of my existing ones are the right shape. 

I tried draping silk to figure out the funky drapes in the overskirt afterwards, but that's where my brain shut off. Also, I thought I had cut out the whole plaid bodice mockup. Apparently I've only cut out three pieces. :( 

And though I felt better yesterday, I'm back to feeling crappy today. Blurgh. 

February 2019

S M T W T F S
     12
345 67 89
1011 1213141516
17181920212223
2425262728  

Most Popular Tags

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Feb. 16th, 2019 08:18 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios