- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list.
And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out; it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish and it might come true. Give and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
Don't forget to include a shipping address.
1. A fitbit. Do you have a used one laying around that you don't want? I'll take it!
2. My sewing mojo back. Not sure if I need inspiring images sent my way, or what. I did a bunch of Disney sewing, and then a bunch of sewing for others, and now my own mojo is gone.
3. Anything from Dames a la Mode
4. Anything off of my Amazon wish list: a.co/cE5rqV6
5. Disney or Harry Potter stuff. I especially love this mug: www.shopdisney.com/mary-poppins-mug-
6. Inexpensive (under $8 preferably) but relatively indestructible dog toys. Lion rips his apart super quickly, but naturally, when I bought him an expensive supposedly indestructible one, he buried it outside 30 mins after he got it instead of tearing it apart. Even recommendations would work.
7. My voice to be back to full capacity. I still have post-nasal drip and a cough from getting sick 5 weeks ago, and it's greatly impacting my singing voice. I have to sing for about 5-6 full hours next Monday, and I'm very worried about it.
8. Fun costume-related recommendations for when I'm in NYC January 10-15. Or better yet, meeting up with east coast costuming friends? I know most of you live at least a couple hours from NYC, but it certainly would be cool!
9. Improvements to the political climate. The basic things like respecting each other, getting rid of racism, gun control, etc
10. An Elizabeth Swann ornament where she's wearing the burgundy dress. I've looked everywhere online and can't find any. Know of a source?
1301 M St NE
Auburn, WA 98002