Seriously. This morning, I cut out mockup 2.0 of the corset, out of pink canvas. If it works fine, I'm going to use it for the interior layer of the corset, with the spotted pink cotton-blend upholstery fabric that I used on my Ren corset, stays, and pocket hoops for the outer.
But instead of putting it together, I've also been planning out my Halloween costume, which is going to be Mary Poppins' Jolly Holiday outfit. I went to Joanns today, hoping to find an embroidered bridal organza that might work, but no such luck. And since poly organza from Joanns is basically the same price as Dharma's silk, I'm going to order silk instead. I think I'm going to blend the movie version and the parks version together. Right now, for the skirt, I'm thinking I'm going to do a base layer, possibly of organdy if I have any, and then three, if not four, layers of organza over that, with the top layer having appliques attached. I like that in the movie, a couple of her skirt layers are that dull red color, so I'm planning to dye one to two layers of the organza, and then attach lace around the hem of those layers.
And somehow, I actually found the exact large applique on her skirt in the parks on etsy - but the seller thinks she only has three, and I really need at least 10. It's kind of killing me, knowing that it's out there, but not knowing how to get more. Any ideas? https://www.etsy.com/listing/293996545/cotton-flower-lace-applique-for-garments
. I don't really feel like trying to digitze this and make my own...
And of course, if that wasn't enough, I've also decided to go to Dapper Day this year! On Sunday, I'll probably wear a toned down version of Jolly Holiday, pairing the skirt with a red belt and a white blouse, but on Saturday, I'm planning to wear a cotton printed villain dress. I'm in the process of cutting it out right now, using Vogue 9000
, but this pattern has a terrible cutting layout for directional patterns! So here's my dilemma - should I use 6 yards in cutting the skirt alone (and wind up with tons of waste), or should I forgo keeping all my fabric facing in the same direction, and cut each piece in the opposite direction, therefore only using 3 yards for the skirt. I have plenty of the fabric, but I have it listed in my etsy shop, and if I use it all on this, I'll only have about one yard left. As it is, I'm really worried this is going to turn out looking like nurse scrubs. Even just looking at the front bodice pieces, it all feels so much
This is the fabric - so far I've cut the bodice fronts and one of the skirt front/back pieces with Ursula facing up.