My BF's 18th c suit has had two showings already! I worked nonstop all Saturday making the breeches and putting in the coat lining. It certainly would have been nice to have known before I drafted the breeches pattern that there is actually a Simplicity pattern for drop-front breeches. And apparently, I am good enough at drafting patterns now that my back piece came out to within 1cm or less on all sides of the Simplicity pattern (though after actually fitting them to him, I wound up taking them in a ton anyway). Sean helped by making all the covered buttons and sewing them all on. There's a lot of buttons on this suit!
Anyway, we made it to my friend's party on Saturday night (1.5hrs late). The jacket had no cuffs, the breeches cuffs were missing two buttons each, and the jacket lining was loose at the hem. But still quite decent. I wore Jane, and we made quite an entrance!
Naturally, when we got home, all prepared to sew the cuffs and lining, the power was out. So this morning, I spent another 1.5 hrs or so making the cuffs (which for some reason really confused me) and machine basting the lining in, while the bf made breakfast and fixed and finished his breeches buttons. I wore my curtain-along pet en l'air from last year, and we got to the event less than 30 mins late!
The event consisted of a German-style luncheon in an old-looking pub (playing 1990s music) in Pioneer Square, and chit-chatting with other SITU members. The food was surprisingly delicious! Afterwards, the bf and I wandered around the Pioneer Square area, went in some shops, and had a photo shoot. One antique store clerk even asked us to take pictures in some antique chairs and email him the results.
Here's a small sample. Go to my FB page
for the rest. I hope to have all the pics there by tomorrow night.